Salem Church was founded in 1866. The church was a part of the Defenseless Mennonite Church, which later changed its name to the Evangelical Mennonite Church. In 2002 the name of our denomination was changed to the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches.
The first church building was erected on the current site in 1875. New buildings followed in 1893 and 1903. The 1903 building received major upgrading until it was destroyed by fire in 1965. In 1967 the current facility was dedicated and has been in use since then.
Since its beginning, Salem Church has desired to glorify God by proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ to the surrounding communities.